To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- For analyzing our website statistics we use Statcounter. More Information on Statcounter can be found here.
Cookies used by Statcounter include: _cfduid (expires after 1 year), cf_ob_info (expires when the session ends), cf_use_ob (expires when the session ends), is_unique (expires after 5 years), sc_is_visitor_unique (expires after 1 year) t.php (expires when session ends),
- We use a cookie provided by our webhost to track which webserver to send the visitor to. Its purpose is to improve performance. The cookie is called DYNSRV (expires when the session ends)
Also, some social media feeds in our pages use a cookie in order to function on the website.
Enabling all cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
Throughout our site, you will find links to external websites. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers. Each site should have its own policy regarding GDPR and cookies and this should be reviewed by visitors before use.
How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can manually delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Below you can choose which kind of cookies you allow on this website. Click on the "Save Cookie Settings" button to apply your choice.
Statcounter is an online service which helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc. We use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from StatCounter and set your browser to refuse the same by clicking here.